Assisting a loved one as they near the end of their life can be a difficult time for caretakers but is also one of the greatest honors and shows of trust. When the time comes for both healthcare clinicians and non-professional caregivers to perform end-of-life care, it is important to do so with mindfulness and compassion in mind.
This online course from Mindful and the Metta Institute offers curated teachings from Metta Institute’s End of Life Practitioner Program, which was offered annually for 14 years. Taught by a world-class faculty, this course provides healthcare clinicians and non-professional caregivers with unique approaches to mindful and compassionate end-of-life care. Being a Compassionate Companion takes from Metta Institute’s vast archives to offer groundbreaking and visionary teachings to a wider audience.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- How to open, take risks, and forgive constantly
- The skills necessary to accompany those facing serious illness
- How to explore our deep capacity to embrace another’s suffering as our own
This online course includes:
- 20+ video sessions, divided into four main topics:
- The Five Invitations
- The Neuroscience of Mindfulness
- Your Own Woundedness
- Compassion in Service
- The Growth of Compassion
- Bonus Audio Talks and Practices with course leaders
Enroll today to get started!